How to bring greater value into System Design.
XSA/XSE is an agile and integrated systems engineering method that helps projects to:
- Elicit true needs (functions, performances, constraints) and related hidden flexibilities, in an accelerated and collaborative way
- Perform Design-to-X (DTX) analyses in order to raise the performance (e.g. weight, cost, user value) of a system or service. This can be done during this new system or service design, or as part of a reengineering activity
- Elaborate, in a rational and structured way, the logical sequence of engineering decisions
XSA/XSE is designed to solve complex projects engineering essential issue: find “the right solution to the right problem”. It is achieved by getting the needs right at the start, then managing the value-driven engineering decision process throughout the project.
XSA/XSE is delivered as a packaged consulting offer. Lifecycle Experience / Altran XSA/XSE consultants build a multi-disciplinary team (merging Lifecycle Experience / Altran and Client domain and engineering specialty experts) then drive the agile, value-driven, highly collaborative project.
This technology block is used in both Intelligent Systems / Altran and Lifecycle Experience / Altran projects.
The key benefit of using XSA/XSE is time and therefore cost reduction.
XSA/XSE is unique because it:
- Provides a lean and efficient problem-solving process (based on an agile, collaborative, robust and well-formed systems engineering framework)
- Focuses on key requirements, revealing underlying needs, leading constraints and design key drivers
- Supports objective design trade-offs about key performances by combining creativity and analytical techniques (DTX)
- Early integrates engineering specialties and other stakeholders in order to optimize decision and reduce wasteful iterations
- Incrementally builds (or clarifies in case of reverse engineering) the engineering decision sequence leading to the optimum architectural design