Innovation Management Platform
IMPA is a Web 2.0 Innovation Management Platform designed for open collaboration in order to innovate faster and better!
IMPA has been developed by Altran together with FP7 consortium partners: EADS Innovation Works, Carl-Zeiss-Optronics GmbH and Micos.
More than just a knowledge management platform, IMPA promotes innovation through a community of users within an organisation to:
- Capture, edit, and mature ideas collaboratively;
- Group ideas by category and keyword to find potential synergies and match problems to solutions;
- Monitor an organisation’s innovation performance (KPIs, dashboard);
- Use feedback loops to periodically re-evaluate ideas, proposed and realised projects based on new information (e.g. sales, market information, technology);
- Provide a solid process to review ideas and rebuttals so that no relevant idea is killed or lost;
- Stimulate creativity and foster a systematic approach to problem solving with integrated innovation guidelines;
- Use the power of the Web 2.0 based application to break through organisational silos with use of collaborative work features
- Allow cross-functional/cross-departmental sharing, discussion and development for richer and more complete ideas that consider all the relevant factors of the organisation: e.g. technology, manufacturing, market, financial aspects and risk;
- Improve visibility in the front-end of innovation, identify opportunities earlier and align to the organisation’s innovation strategy.
The benefits of the platform include business process integration, increased innovation efficiency (goal-oriented, systematic and model-based approach), continuous and process-flow based collaboration, and efficient management of knowledge database.
Download the IMPA brochure: