Engineering Scale Up
The Altran Engineering Scale Up offer is an end-to-end, modular set of services to adapt processes & organisation to new engineering challenges. It helps the clients with consulting, progressive deployment accompaniment and automation of systems engineering processes.
The key success of a product design and systems engineering implementation is its adoption by all the stakeholders and contributors. It requires simultaneously:
- an in-depth understanding of the product design and sytems engineering concepts and expected benefits,
- a perfect adequacy of product design and systems engineering processes and tools to the specific engineering challenges and practices,
- an ambitious but realistic and well-supported transition plan.
Thus, the Altran Engineering Scale Up offer gathers modular building blocks to provide a complete support on product design and systems engineering adoption.
Depending on the scope of the project and the maturity of the organisation, Altran can:
- Support clients in establishing the right diagnosis of its engineering situation
- Provide mentoring (at management level) and help build a strategy for change
Definition of the relevant strategy for progressive deployment and prioritisation
Advice on organisation (teams & roles), processes, methods & tools
- Support client in engineering process management
Engineering process mapping, design & modelling
- Support process & organisational change management
Definition of the plan for change, engaging people, training, coaching, monitoring and iteration
- Define, deploy and support computer-aided central data reference
- Tools trade-off, setup, customisation & administration
- Define and implement standardised frameworks or maturity models
Definition of key performance indicators and dashboard to manage deployment and improvement of processes & organisation
Altran introduced system engineering practices, process and tool for a major automotive manufacturer. Gathered in a single tool, requirements, functions, interactions links, dynamic models and tests are unified and consistent. Each engineering discipline can then work with the most convenient understanding of the global system. Altran provided training and coaching so as to maximize adoption and benefits from this approach.
With the use of dedicated methods, cost modelling and engineering tools, Altran helped the engineering department of a pharmaceutical company to implement a new engineering process. Applied to the development of a new generation of products, it demonstrated a significant cost reduction and improved added value.